What is the Greatest Rock Song of All Time?

Romulus

Reaction score
For me there are quite a few 'iconic' Rock songs also it was relevant for me the time I heard the track first. When I was a young boy the songs which made a big impression on me were Paint It Black by Rolling Stones, Emily Play by Pink Floyd, nearly all the Beatle hits (they literally were a music tsunami at the time) and I remember the song River Deep, Mountain High giving me goose pimples down my back. I remember first hearing the two main melodies in this track and both were absolute winners in my mind, they were so original that hearing the tunes for the first time was an absolute roller coaster...! Afterwards I grew older got to know more music so my favourite choices changed. Hendrix with Voodoo Chile and All Along The Watchtower. I really liked Hot Love by T.Rex and Saturday Night by David Bowie which I thought at the time was a really sexy song...? Then I fell under the spell with Ritchie Blackmore. Smoke On The Water had a catchy riff but for me there are alot of more 'quality' songs from Deep Purple such as Burn and Perfect Strangers. As to solos for me the best ever ending of a solo was played by Michael Schenker in the live album Strangers In The Night on the Track 'Love to Love' It ends dramatically a little bit like Richard Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries music. For me I can't choose the greatest Rock songs of all time, maybe I can manage top 5...

Gold Dust Woman

Reaction score
I could easily throw in a few songs from Fleetwood Macs iconic album Rumours. I will only mention two of the songs, "The Chain" and "Go Your Own Way" but in my opinion they certainly are up there. I also think you have to mention Led Zeppelin's "Stairway To Heaven" and also The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again would have to be considered as well. I will also throw out two more songs and I am not sure if these fit more in the Folk Rock sound, but Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's: Suite Judy Blue Eyes and Neil Young's After The Gold Rush.

Saiyan Rocker

The Legendary Super Rocker
Reaction score
Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams should be up there.

It is so hard to answer a question with just one song. Cause there is just so much music out there. And a good healthy mix of old and new rock is the way to go.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WPaton

Members online

No members online now.