Favorite MOMENT of a song that hits you on a deep soul level (but isn't one of your favorite songs)?

Jester143

Reaction score
OK - there are many favorite songs we all have - but then there are isolated moments (could be a riff, solo, intro, etc.) of songs that hit us on a deep, emotional soul level but that AREN'T necessary from our favorite song(s).

What's your favorite moment from a song that isn't even one of your top favorite songs of all time?

I'll go first:

I love Floyd, I really do. No band has made better or more immersive concept albums that I know inside and out, start to finish.
But if I were to make a list of my top individual favorite songs or whatever, they wouldn't actually have a place on it.
HOWEVER, the first solo on Comfortably Numb just hits me on a deep level.
Check it out at 2 minutes and 4 seconds in:

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I would add that Floyds Great Gig In The Sky, with Clare Torry just doing her thing without words is moving.. What a way to end the album..

Jester143

Reaction score
I would add that Floyds Great Gig In The Sky, with Clare Torry just doing her thing without words is moving.. What a way to end the album..
TOTALLY agree - she crushed those vocals. One of the best vocal performances ever in rock.
So what's your moment then Slipn?

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
So what's your moment then Slipn?
If it was about a moment in the song Great Gig In The Sky.. Maybe it has to do with the song being about passing away and I didn't know that about the song at first and

it took along time to finally figure out it was about death..

To me it was a poetic way of putting that subject to a song.. No words.. Just emotional expression by the singer.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online