Worst Lyrics

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Where did I say that great lyrics don't make a good song? I said that big words don't make good lyrics. Every Rose.. suffers more from a lack of imagination than a lack of vocabulary.

:heheh:

So what is it you don't like.

That they are Cliche'? I thought it was the vocabulary you had problems with and that cliche's didn't matter as long as they're well written. :huh:

Last edited:

Tiny Tim

Reaction score

So what is it you don't like.

That they are Cliche'? I thought it was the vocabulary you had problems with and that cliche's didn't matter as long as they're well written. :huh:

:think: What? When did I say that cliché's didn't matter if they are well written? I said that while a song may be thematically cliché, ie a break-up song, that doesn't mean the theme cannot be dealt with in a manner which is fresh. Poison uses clichéd language and imagery to deliver a clichéd message. You are getting hung up on the vocabulary thing, I mentioned that to provide insight into my own preferences. I enjoy hearing and learning new words, that doesn't mean that I need to hear new words to enjoy a lyric. I need fresh imagery, and a wider vocabulary is one way to achieve that.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
:think: What? When did I say that cliché's didn't matter if they are well written?

Well....here? I don't know..it's how I took it.

Tiny Tim said:
Too me, the art of rock music lyric writing is in delivering an old message, a cliché if you will, in a fresh way.

This being in response to me saying there are cliche's in all rock or rock is one big cliche'. I thought you agreed.

It's cool man...I know you've hated that song for years.

Just trying to pin point what it is that bugs you about 'em...

Was it something he said?
Something he did?
Did the words not come out right?

bret_michaels_rock_of_love.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Something he did?

bret_michaels_rock_of_love.jpg

NO! it's the flippin' cowboy hat on a dude who wears eyeliner :D

No matter what is said, this all boils down to personal tastes, right guys?

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
NO! it's the flippin' cowboy hat on a dude who wears eyeliner :D

No matter what is said, this all boils down to personal tastes, right guys?

THANK YOU!!!! And the fact that he has extensions stiched into the cowboy hat. :heheh: Yes personal tastes. Look, I get that a lot of people dig Poison and that Michael's music makes a lot of people happy. That's God's work IMO. It just bugs me when lazy, boiler plate songs get so much acclaim while songs that are much better, again IMO, go un-noticed.

But a million swaying lighter wavers can't be wrong can they.:heybaby:

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
Well....here? I don't know..it's how I took it.

This being in response to me saying there are cliche's in all rock or rock is one big cliche'. I thought you agreed.

It's cool man...I know you've hated that song for years.

Just trying to pin point what it is that bugs you about 'em...

Something he did?

Right. Thematically, you could say that all pop songs, rock, country, R&B whatever, are cliché. There's only so many things to write about. The art of lyric writing is finding new things to say, and fresh ways of saying them, about themes which are cliché.

Does that make any more sense?:confused:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Right. Thematically, you could say that all pop songs, rock, country, R&B whatever, are cliché. There's only so many things to write about. The art of lyric writing is finding new things to say, and fresh ways of saying them, about themes which are cliché.

Does that make any more sense?:confused:

Yeah I understood it the first time.

Cliché's don't matter if they are well written :grinthumb :heheh:

All my posts are factual.

:D

Besides yours :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member