What Are You Listening to? (Videos only)

mobiusclimber

Reaction score
Shoegaze is a style of alternative rock that features heavy reverb/effects and whispered or buried vocals (also featuring heavy effects/reverb). [edit: called "shoegaze" because the performers often looked down at their feet (and effects pedals) while performing.] Here's a good example:

Slowdive - "When the Sun Hits"

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Shoegaze is a style of alternative rock that features heavy reverb/effects and whispered or buried vocals (also featuring heavy effects/reverb). [edit: called "shoegaze" because the performers often looked down at their feet (and effects pedals) while performing.] Here's a good example:

Slowdive - "When the Sun Hits"

Love shoegaze sound, Jesus and Marychain were probs my first introduction. There is some fab Japanese bands going back to the 70's... Out there on the interwebs. That recent compilation I posted on 'No Videos' is a breath of fresh air. Plus the quality of pressing and packaging is superior in many ways.. Top post Mobius

TACdtf

Reaction score
I am going to have to listen to more……not thrilled with the vocals, tolerable, but the music is good. Dunno…
Yeah, I was a real late comer to harsh vocals. I still don't love them, but I found that I was getting really bored and it seemed like most of the interesting music that I was checking out had them, so I had to find a place where I could tolerate them.

I mean, it's not like I like all clean vocals either. lol

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeev512

Members online

No members online now.