Is Lulu (Lou Reed and Metallica) the worst album ever made?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Now you know what's wierd, since she was brought up, I enjoyed Marianne Faithful's work with 'Tallica :peek

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whenever I listen to Reload I have to always skip The Memory Remains, the song was ruined by the nananana sections for me lol

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
:heheh: I find it to be a creepy addition to the track (mixed with the organ)..and I get goosebumps everytime. I don't know...it's just the way I'm hearing it I guess. :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:heheh: I find it to be a creepy addition to the track (mixed with the organ)..and I get goosebumps everytime. I don't know...it's just the way I'm hearing it I guess. :grinthumb

I also didn't like the voicebox solo on The House Jack Built.
Then lately I noticed I have been going on too much about music or albums I dislike, I should learn to just shut it. :tongue: I get carried away.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I agree with Lynch, the most maddening thing about Lulu is that they are still trying to defend it! I know bands always think their crappy new work is good, but I think there's a limit where you have to wonder whether they're right in the head if they're going to act like there's no reason to dislike the album. I guess it does come down to ego sometimes, if people are telling you that your art is shit then naturally you're going to immediately defend it.

I still don't like Load or Reload. I can see what people dig about them but it's just not my style of music, other than one or two tracks. I think Metallica is honestly one of the bands with the worst.... what shall I call it, filter? They have the worst artistic instinct of any great band in history. They can record two songs, one can be Master of Puppets and the other can by that crazy frog song that hit #1 in the UK a couple years ago.... and they'll stand there thinking "Hmmm.... which one should be on the album, Master of Puppets or Crazy Frog?" They're one of the most talented and incredible bands of all-time, but I honestly think they have no idea what they're doing with themselves 99% of the time. They make music like a little kid wandering around in a department store. "Ooh, something shiny, what's this? Oh over there they have cotton candy. Look, toys!"

I loved Death Magnetic... hope they do something like that for the next record.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bands not open to criticism are just as close minded as the fans who they claim are.
This shit about not listening to the fans for bands is fine and dandy but not being open to criticism is an example of a massive ego trip.

Lars doing the whole fans are narrow minded argument for hating the St Anger drums presented an ironically narrow minded statement. Showed he is just so thin skinned he can't handle criticism if the music happened to suck.

Slick

Reaction score
He will always be Reed Lou to me, beyond criticism. Cute little bugger.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I will have to give it a listen but from what I saw them play live it was pretty bad, I will leave it till I have had a listen to it to make a final decision:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I will have to give it a listen but from what I saw them play live it was pretty bad, I will leave it till I have had a listen to it to make a final decision:)

You are a brave man Sweaty to undertake such an odious duty...:heheh:

Make sure you have a pint or two of the best Before listening to this album, it will make it easier I'm sure.:hab:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freya40

Members online