Favorite Musician Collab?

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
What is your favorite musician collaboration project/film/album/song/concert of all time?

It can be for any of the above events, (or anything else you can think of), as long as it involves two, or more musicians working together to create a piece of work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many musician collabs that I am a fan of, but if I had to choose, I would say it would have to be Jack White and The Rolling Stones performing "Lovin' Cup" at the Rolling Stones Concert that took place in "Shine a Light".

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
John Schaffer and Hansi Kusch's side project, Demons and Wizards is one of my favorite new collaborations.

Demons%20and%20Wizards%20Covers.gif

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
How about the video for Sam Kinison's cover of "Wild Thing"? It features Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Steven Adler, Steve Vai, Rodney Dangerfield, Rudy Sarzo, Sebastian Bach, Richie Sambora, Jon Bon Jovi, CC Deville, Tommy Lee, Dweezil Zappa, Billy Idol, and Slash.

:hb:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
David Coverdale & Jimmy Page

Coverdale-Page.jpg

I have a bunch of great collaborations. I will add more 1 at a time :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Liquid Tension Experiment ~ Mike Portnoy ( Dream Theater ), Jordan Rudess ( Dream Theater ), Tony Levin ( King Crimson ), John Petrucci ( Dream Theater ).

LiquidTensionExperiment.jpg

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Got plenty of these. Will start with an old favourite of mine

3300067305_eb27260732.jpg

George Harrison (The Beatles)
Tom Petty (Mudcrutch, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)
Jeff Lynne (The Move, Electric Light Orchestra)
Bob Dylan
Roy Orbison

Had I not listened to both the albums by the Traveling Wilburys, I'd not have believed that these five men could compliment each other so well. They seemed to come from very different backgrounds, but it works and the Wilburys is at once the essence of all 5 of the artists, and a seperate entity all of it's own. Traveling Wilburys Vol. 1 would easily be, for me, the greatest album to come out of the 80's.

Also acted as a resurgence for the 5 artists in a way, with Tom Petty coming out with his biggest album to date commercially, shortly afterwards, with Full Moon Fever, while George Harrison and Roy Orbison had huge hits for the first time in decades with Cloud Nine and Mystery Girl respectively. Jeff Lynne and Bob Dylan were also opened up to a whole new audience.

---------------------------------

I'll have more later, that's just the appetizer :D

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
(TheFeldster)
I agree completely with your choice of the Traveling Wilburys.
I forgot about them when I posted my favorite collab. But they are a definite second for me.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Audioslave

Chris Cornell (Soundgarden)
Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine)
Tim Cummorford and Brad Wilk (Rage Against the Machine)

Audioslave_-_Audioslave.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Black Country Communion

Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple & Black Sabbath)
Jason Bonham (Bonzo's Son)
Derek Sherinian (Billy Idol, Alice Cooper, Yngwie Malmsteen, Alice in Chains, Kiss, Dream Theater, Planet X)
Joe Bonamassa

Black_Country_%28album%29.jpg

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Another of my favorites is Alex Lifeson adding some back up guitar, and performing the guitar solos, in Porcupine Tree's "Anesthetize":

It's over 10 minutes long, so it's not on YouTube, but click on the link below, and have a listen:
Myspace Player