Which defunct bands should reunite?

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Y'all will think I'm crazy, but... Nirvana, definitely. I saw "The Doors" in 2003 and enjoyed it. If Queen, Blind Melon, AIC etc. can do it, so can Nirvana, there's no difference. It wouldn't be innovative or legitimate or... honorable. But it'd be a night full of mindless fun! Plus I'd love to see songs like Old Age, Clean Up Before She Comes and Do Re Mi brought to life. Most of my favorites were never played live.

Who did Blind Melon reunite with?

Agree about Nirvana. I am sure they could round up a reasonably good vocalist and if not from outside the band, then let Dave sing vox.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Who did Blind Melon reunite with?

Apparently some guy named Travis Warren. According to wikipedia, they've been at it for even longer than I thought, since 2006! They even recorded a new album...

Agree about Nirvana. I am sure they could round up a reasonably good vocalist and if not from outside the band, then let Dave sing vox.

Wouldn't it be fun?? I think it'd be fun. The ONE band in the universe that actually does consider the death of the singer, guitarist & songwriter to be an insurmountable obstacle, and it has to be the one I'd like to see most! xP

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be fun?? I think it'd be fun. The ONE band in the universe that actually does consider the death of the singer, guitarist & songwriter to be an insurmountable obstacle, and it has to be the one I'd like to see most! xP

No reason why they shouldn't. The whole "wanna preserve the band's legacy" or "it wouldn't be the same" logic is tiresome. For me, it is more about the songs than one performer.

If I were Dave Grohl, I'd talk to Kurt's family, get their thoughts on it and if they approved, I'd look into doing something. That's just me. Hell, play a few shows for a dvd or cd. You don't even have to record new music.

For every uptight, crybaby who will complain about Nirvana insulting their sacred history, there are at least that many people who never got to see Nirvana songs performed in person (maybe they are too young) and would love the opportunity to go to a live show and hear the music, regardless of the fact that Cobain isn't here anymore.

Unless I am mistaken, I'd assume you fall into the latter group given your age on your profile and given your interest in seeing them again.

This is coming from a guy (myself) who isn't even a big Nirvana fan. There are people out there who'd like to see a full show of Nirvana songs again from something resembling the original band and someday one of the surviving people involved ought to find a way to give the fans what they want.

Lady Stardust

Reaction score
The Kinks - I know they are old dudes now & Pete Quaife is gone, but I would love to have a chance to see them. Ray Davies just put out an album of collaborations on old kinks songs, and he's still got it. I know Dave had a stroke, but he has put out new material since then, and if he wasn't such a whiny b*tch (mostly about Ray) the Kinks would probably still be making new music.

Rocket Roll

Reaction score
Triumph did play a few shows together and have buried their seemingly never ending differences, so a tour is a high possibility. I guess that would be my pick too.

Hell definitely had to freeze over for them to make-up. They did two shows, one in Sweden and one at Rocklahoma. I was betting on them doing a full tour, so I didn't go to either show. Whoops. :(

Do you mean reunite or simply start recording again?

No matter how many tours they do, for example, in my eyes a band like Van Halen is defunct until they get another record into stores.

For the hair band fans, Cinderella and Slaughter are both still considered to be "active" though the former has not released a studio album since 1995 and the latter since 1999.

Primarily touring, but new music is cool too.

Cinderella has done a recent tour and there's always a issue with tom's voice having problems.. But they toured with the line up Eric ,Tom, Fred and Jeff which was cool.. I had tickets to their concert and they cancelled two weeks from the date.. Dammit..Really wanted them to last since they went off in separate directions and reunited for the tour..

I've seen Cinderella and witnessed Tom's vocal problems. It is unfortunate, great band though.

I would like to see Triumph and Rainbow too.

These two bands aren't defunct but have some members I would like to see back in the band- Jeff Carlisi and .38 Special and Gary Richrath and REO Speedwagon

I would like to see a Rickey Medlocke and Blackfoot reunion.Blackfoot still have original members Greg T.Walker and Charlie Hargrett,but Bobby Barth(formerly of Axe) wasthe lead singer and he has been replaced a couple of times due to back problems and operations.I think Mike Estes is singing lead right now.Funny Estes was in Skynyrd.

Right on with Carlisi and Richrath. I've seen both of them in their old bands back in the day, but would love to see them again. I've seen the current version of Blackfoot, would much rather see Medlocke come back for a tour. They could warmup for Skynyrd.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
I know they tour occasionally, but I'd love to see the James Gang reunite and record some stuff. It's Joe Walsh's best work, that period

(Of course, we're still waiting for that new Joe Walsh solo album, so James Gang actually recording seems a tad out of reach. But hey, one can dream)

Fever

Reaction score
I would like to see Paul McCartney and Denny Laine get back together again.

The Tarney-Spencer Band- Run For Your Life is one of my favorite albums

Fever

Reaction score
I know they tour occasionally, but I'd love to see the James Gang reunite and record some stuff. It's Joe Walsh's best work, that period

(Of course, we're still waiting for that new Joe Walsh solo album, so James Gang actually recording seems a tad out of reach. But hey, one can dream)

I am going to see Joe Walsh in October.He is touring with Kenny Wayne Shepherd as the opening act.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xinjinrenli262

Members online

No members online now.