Which defunct bands should reunite?

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Do you mean reunite or simply start recording again?

No matter how many tours they do, for example, in my eyes a band like Van Halen is defunct until they get another record into stores.

For the hair band fans, Cinderella and Slaughter are both still considered to be "active" though the former has not released a studio album since 1995 and the latter since 1999.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I think reunite and go on tour, a new album would be a nice bonus though Aero.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Do you mean reunite or simply start recording again?

No matter how many tours they do, for example, in my eyes a band like Van Halen is defunct until they get another record into stores.

For the hair band fans, Cinderella and Slaughter are both still considered to be "active" though the former has not released a studio album since 1995 and the latter since 1999.

Cinderella has done a recent tour and there's always a issue with tom's voice having problems.. But they toured with the line up Eric ,Tom, Fred and Jeff which was cool.. I had tickets to their concert and they cancelled two weeks from the date.. Dammit..Really wanted them to last since they went off in separate directions and reunited for the tour..

Fever

Reaction score
I would like to see Triumph and Rainbow too.

These two bands aren't defunct but have some members I would like to see back in the band- Jeff Carlisi and .38 Special and Gary Richrath and REO Speedwagon

I would like to see a Rickey Medlocke and Blackfoot reunion.Blackfoot still have original members Greg T.Walker and Charlie Hargrett,but Bobby Barth(formerly of Axe) wasthe lead singer and he has been replaced a couple of times due to back problems and operations.I think Mike Estes is singing lead right now.Funny Estes was in Skynyrd.

Last edited:

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
blind faith

Clapton and Winwood did a album and show together where they covered some songs from Blind Faith, I have it and I think it`s pretty good!

Ric Grech passed away in 1990 and from what I hear Ginger Baker is having health issues.....

I think it`s cool that we are still talking about 4 guys who did one album over 40 years ago!

Eric-Clapton-and-Steve-Winwood-Live-from-Madison-Square-Garden-2009.jpg

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
#1 on my list would definitely be Pink Floyd. Would love to see them.

L7 should definitely reform. They're one of my favorite grunge bands and I don't dig on Donita Sparks' solo career. Best thing about an L7 gig is it would be small. I'd be right up there next to the stage. Would sooo love that.

Even though the current Ten Years After is pretty good, wouldn't mind seeing them reunite with Alvin.

Y'all will think I'm crazy, but... Nirvana, definitely. I saw "The Doors" in 2003 and enjoyed it. If Queen, Blind Melon, AIC etc. can do it, so can Nirvana, there's no difference. It wouldn't be innovative or legitimate or... honorable. But it'd be a night full of mindless fun! Plus I'd love to see songs like Old Age, Clean Up Before She Comes and Do Re Mi brought to life. Most of my favorites were never played live.

I wouldn't mind seeing Zeppelin return at all, but IMHO Jason isn't the right drummer for them, and I'm worried about what kind of show it would be. I mean I'm not going to lie, 7 years ago if I saw a Zeppelin show packed with the hits like the O2 reunion, I would have died of happiness, been resurrected by the music, and then died of happiness again.

But Zeppelin's unwavering taste for being... well, interesting, is one of their greatest assets. They were adventurous, tracks like The Crunge and Hats Off To (Roy) Harper are immutable testaments to that. And their live shows were just as adventurous, with 15 minute jams, sprawling inventive medleys of all kinds of songs. Nothing ever sounded like the studio version. The O2 gig was a nice send off, and the boys sounded great, but there was a lot more to a Led Zeppelin gig than what they brought to the stage at the O2.

Mind you, I don't want a hypothetical 2012 Led Zeppelin to come out there and replay their Knewborth setlist, or How The West Was Won, either. I'd die to see a 2012 Zeppelin who... y'know, still cares. It's not like they've been touring as Zeppelin for all of these past 40 years, they should have some vitality and intrigue left to bring into it. I still believe there are new and special things these guys could do together. For starters, I'd like to see these guys take on some of Plant's stuff like Darkness Darkness, imagine JPJ at the helm on that one! And how about medleys of music these guys have been listening to since 1980?? I don't expect it to be post-1980 music, but I'm sure these guys have bought a few CDs since the band broke up. And hey practically every Led Zep song gets radio play, so how about sprawling setlists chalk full of deep cuts?

I know it doesn't matter since they're not getting back together anyway. And I understand there are millions of people who would love to see Zep go out there and just redo the O2 show. And that's absolutely okay. There are plenty of bands who I'd love to see do exactly that kind of a gig. But after listening to Zep all these years, I'd really only be interested in seeing them do something really special, that lives up to my image of them from when I was 13. They don't have to be young or vital, but they do have to put something new and pure into the mix.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Uriah Heep with Ken Hensley and Nazareth with Manny Charlton. I know Lee Kerslake has some health issues, so I wouldn't want to force him to play and Darrell Sweet is not with us any more.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Not so much as a band but two old friends...

I would love to see J.J. Cale and Leon Russell record another album together and maybe a short tour if they both are up for it, Leon is 69 and J.J. is 72!

I think the last time they did that was in `79`

J.J. Cale Featuring Leon Russell – The Paradise Sessions

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xinjinrenli262

Members online

No members online now.