What Are You Listening to? (Videos only)

Gold Dust Woman

Reaction score
@dr wu in my opinion both Stevie and Lindsey both added things to the band. It is obvious over time that Lindsey was really difficult to work with not only with Stevie, but with the others in the band and even though that didn't take away from any of his talents and creativity, it did take away from him performing with the others. I do believe the story about Stevie never working with Lindsey again mostly because the others in the band witnessed it and well that kind of became a mute point when Christine passed away and Stevie said she didn't feel she would even go on with Fleetwood Mac again. I agree with Stevie on that point. The band without Christine is NOT Fleetwood Mac. The same as the band without Lindsey is not Fleetwood Mac.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
@dr wu in my opinion both Stevie and Lindsey both added things to the band. It is obvious over time that Lindsey was really difficult to work with not only with Stevie, but with the others in the band and even though that didn't take away from any of his talents and creativity, it did take away from him performing with the others. I do believe the story about Stevie never working with Lindsey again mostly because the others in the band witnessed it and well that kind of became a mute point when Christine passed away and Stevie said she didn't feel she would even go on with Fleetwood Mac again. I agree with Stevie on that point. The band without Christine is NOT Fleetwood Mac. The same as the band without Lindsey is not Fleetwood Mac.
Yes...they both brought things to the band for sure. Both wrote 'hits' for Mac. I dont know enough about Buckingham's quirks and ego to say who did what to cause trouble. But as I said above I don't listen to that Mac as much as I do the other eras.
BTW...the late Christine Perfect-McVie officially joined on Future Games but did some vocals and keyboards on Kiln House. May she rest in peace.

Last edited:

Gold Dust Woman

Reaction score
Yes...they both brought things to the band for sure. Both wrote 'hits' for Mac. I dont know enough about Buckingham's quirks and ego to say who did what to cause trouble. But as I said above I don't listen to that Mac as much as I do the other eras.
BTW...the late Christine Perfect-McVie officially loined on Future Games but did some vocals and keyboards on Kiln House. May she rest in peace.
Both Stevie and Lindsey had egos that is for damn sure. They also both had a complicated past which really put a lot of tension working together as things moved forward and the huge success of the band rose. It was a shame that the band could not work it out, because the lineup with Lindsey, Stevie, Christine, Mick, and John was so talented. I am not as familiar with the John Green era although I have listened to some of it and those guys were talented as well, but something really clicked when Lindsey and Stevie joined.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrazynaEjm

Members online