The Rolling Stones (Official Thread)

RedSG

Reaction score
I regret that I've never seen the Stones. Different bands I was in through the years played a lot of their songs.
Satisfaction, The Last Time, It's All Over Now, Jumpin' Jack Flash, You Can't Always Get What You Want, and Tell Me.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Used to love the early stuff.....dont own anything past Its Only Rock n Roll from 1974.
Saw them on Jaggers 32 birthday. 7/26/75 , at IU in Bloomington Indiana. The sound was mediocre as was the performance but they have been known as being not that great live regarding reproducing their music. But it was a big venue designed for sports...and it was fun nevertheless.
A great classic rock band who's best work is long in the past....imho.
I sound like I'm knocking the Stones but I really like all the early music.

Trax

Reaction score
Though I love all their 60s hits, my favorite albums are all the Mick Taylor era works, from Let it Bleed to It's Only Rock n Roll, with Exile being my favorite. That said, when Charlie passed, some of the best from NYC put on a show at City Winery - a night of Stones songs. They performed a soulful, emotional version of Fool to Cry. Until then, I hadn't appreciated how good that song was.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Though I love all their 60s hits, my favorite albums are all the Mick Taylor era works, from Let it Bleed to It's Only Rock n Roll, with Exile being my favorite. That said, when Charlie passed, some of the best from NYC put on a show at City Winery - a night of Stones songs. They performed a soulful, emotional version of Fool to Cry. Until then, I hadn't appreciated how good that song was.
Nice post..... Exile On Main St remains this day as a musical achievement of a massive scale. The layers of blues, life experience and scenarios that all the band encountered since birth are dripping from these songs. They all seem to 'fit' together and mark a place and time. Exile is like an abstract painting... it moves and feels different each listening. Maybe what Keith Richards said is true:"it's what we left out on those tracks, makes it great".

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEEGRROW

Members online