Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Linkin Park

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I actually like quite a few songs from both of these bands. Limp Bizkits first couple of albums had some really cool music and some fun hooks, both lyrically and musically. My vote goes to Limp Bizkit over Linkin Park though for the simple reason that even though I liked a number of LP tunes, they all sounded SO much the same. LB also made me laugh at some of the stuff they did (ie: Nookie). Break Stuff is a great tune, as is Rollin', My Way, My Generation, etc.

Also, cool posting the Aaron Lewis / Fred Durst vid. I like that version MUCH more than the one Staind did in studio.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Cool Lynch.. LG brought up Rage Against The machine and I got to thinking that Rage was maybe the begining of Rap/Rock.. They started out way before LB did if I remember right.. But Rage was more into social and anti establishment messages in their songs..
But I think that's where I got into the Bizkit.. Loved those power cords Wes Borland was throwing out.. Not to mention the odd costumes he would come up with.. Kinda comic book hero stuff.

Trickster

Reaction score
I voted for for Limp Bizkit.. truth be told i only have one Cd of them and that would be Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water... I like the Cd and have to say when I'm in one of those moods i turn up the song "Hot dog"

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I voted for for Limp Bizkit.. truth be told i only have one Cd of them and that would be Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water... I like the Cd and have to say when I'm in one of those moods i turn up the song "Hot dog"
Hope your in the mood this morn. Trickster..:D Just for you.. A little "Hot Dog" with some concert footage.. :uc:

I lost count of how many F Bombs were dropped!!:lmao: Oh Never mind.. Fred gave us the count.. 46 times on the first verse..

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Just curious why you would say that.. Is it because of Fred??? Or the whole sound the band has...

Well Fred Durst is obviously the face of Limp Bizkit, but I say that because the whole sound of the band just seemed to want to drop as much profanity as possible ("Hot Dog" being the best example of that) and from what I noticed with their fan base was that it was almost exclusively made up of angry white guys.

Which I'd like to throw out another observation of mine: Maybe it's just in my area but I've noticed that the fans of very metaly metal bands like Disturbed, Slipknot, Ramstien, Cannibal Corpse, etc are all very skinny, very nerdy white boys. Why do you suppose that is?

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Anger issues have been a main focus with younger crowds cosmic.. Moshing bands are pretty much a arena for venting frustrations that teens feel these days. There's no changing the past.. So these bands represent a decade where audiences like to let loose and of course it get's way out of hand..
I don't base my likes on the band other for reasons I like some of their songs because I like that type of hard rock music..
You wouldn't catch me at one of their concerts..
As far as durst being the Band.. The rest of the guys didn't really like him.. They split up and pretty much went their seperate ways.. But like with any band that once had something.. They did do some good tracks and did a good job of jumping in the main stream of music..:cheers:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freya40

Members online

No members online now.