Is Lulu (Lou Reed and Metallica) the worst album ever made?

CheckItOut

Reaction score
220px-Lou_Reed_and_Metallica_-_Lulu.jpg

I think it is. Heres a song from this...erm, masterpiece...

With lyrics like 'I'll swallow your sharpest cutter, like a colored man's dick', who could go wrong?

jtrichey13

Hall of Fame Guru
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but bad things about it. I've heard worse, but not sure I've heard worse by actually respected artists. Never liked Velvet Underground either though.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was a pretty boring album, Metallica had some riffs in some small sections I could say I enjoyed but it was repetitive, it was of St Anger extremes.
Lou Reed was awful on vocals, this is not the quality he was known for in his other solo work plus the Velvet Underground, I actually enjoy listening to Lou Reeds stuff there but this album while it was a good idea on paper, was really poorly executed, music did not go well with the vocals, and sometimes the other way around too where the vocals suck and the music was good. Not the absolute worst album out there in terms of actual sound quality but in terms of any actual musical evolution this album is pathetic, Lou Reed is mostly to blame, gives Metallica no real artistic creativity on this album. I enjoy some ambient music but this was atrocious from front to back. It ain't the worst Metallica album as it is not a Metallica album but it is Lou Reeds worst album by far, absolute dog shit of an album.

empress

Reaction score
there are some parts of it that i guess are okay but overall it's garbage. both Lou Reed and Metallica are better than that man. some of it i can't really stand at all but i think it's because Lou's vocals start to annoy me after a while. also it's pretty repetitive and like someone else already said, it's incredibly boring and honestly i don't think i could listen to this album more than twice. i really don't think they should've even released it as an album, it doesn't do any justice for either of them or anything. it's just a piece o shit really. but to answer your question, no, it's not the worst album ever made, i mean... it's up there, but it's not the absolute worst.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Iced Honey was probably the only song that had some actually enjoyable riffs but that was Metallica, Metallica as shit as they were for the most part, they were the best part of the album. Lou Reeds vocals sounding like a rambling idiot is what makes this album mostly terrible.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
You know, if you take out allllllll the vocals, it would probably be a pretty badass movie soundtrack. Lou sounds like he's recording the album from an old folks home where he's sitting in a chair pointed at a wall in a near comatose state. There's zero emotion, zero attitude, zero inflection, it's completely deadpan. Maybe the "autotune the news" guys could turn it into actual singing. I'm a guy who praises the singing of Bob Dylan, Varg Vikernes, and even for me Lou's vocals here are unforgivable.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrazynaEjm

Members online