How Do You Feel About The Virtual??

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
For a while now I've been following and enjoying virtual music /bands/artists and albums.... they tend to draw on aesthetics of the 80's or 70's to validate their existence....
Playing devil's advocate ~do they need to imitate normal generated music?
.... And do you think it's a rising genre.... or the future.
Example:

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I can’t watch either video @Nai Noswad ….it says “sign in to confirm you’re not a bot” This helps protect our community.

I am assuming you have to sign into YouTube or maybe a group on YouTube to watch.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For a while now I've been following and enjoying virtual music /bands/artists and albums.... they tend to draw on aesthetics of the 80's or 70's to validate their existence....
Playing devil's advocate ~do they need to imitate normal generated music?
.... And do you think it's a rising genre.... or the future.
Humm…good question. I believe in creativity, so imitation isn’t necessary, IMHO.
A Rising genre…..maybe. Technology may be changing the music landscape into music without people…even vocals can be AI generated. Brings back memories of discussions about auto-tune vocals….and how that music was awful.

BTW, Airmen Alone - Who’s Your Friend sounds like Supertramp..

Saiyan Rocker

The Legendary Super Rocker
Reaction score
Not a fan of AI anything.

Especially since it took me years and years to learn Photoshop and now the AI's are creating "art" and it just looks like a hallmark card.

I have heard a few that are acceptable, because they imitated Chester's voice. Here they are...

But IMHO, art has to be created by humans because art has soul and depth beyond ones and zeros.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEEGRROW

Members online