Best Forgotten Bands of the 70's.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
These folk rockers hailed from Hampshire (IOW... I think) a really good album cut at Olympic.
Bit of a 'Cowgirl In The Sand' vibe going on-but explore the album... s'nice!
Dancer - Fairhill Affair.
From the 1972 Tales Of The Riverbank..
Dancer - Mind The Houses.

Last edited:
Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
A band called EAST OF EDEN had a top 10 UK hit in 1970 or 1971 but I can't recall the name of the record?. Ian you probably remember it also the guy who played the 'fiddle' in the band was a friend of Keith Moon drummer in The Who and he also played the fiddle sequence on the Who's Baba O'Reilly the first song on the Who's Next album in 1971.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
A band called EAST OF EDEN had a top 10 UK hit in 1970 or 1971 but I can't recall the name of the record?. Ian you probably remember it also the guy who played the 'fiddle' in the band was a friend of Keith Moon drummer in The Who and he also played the fiddle sequence on the Who's Baba O'Reilly the first song on the Who's Next album in 1971.
.. Indeed E-Z, Dave Arbus?
East Of Eden were great..... That single Jig a Jig, reminds me of Church Hall disco's (I thought it was Horslips at first)
The albums were much better.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
.. Indeed E-Z, Dave Arbus?
East Of Eden were great..... That single Jig a Jig, reminds me of Church Hall disco's (I thought it was Horslips at first)
The albums were much better.
Ha ha yes Jig a Jig that song conjures up memories of my 2nd or 3rd year at secondary school circa 1970/71 anyway I knew that you would know Ian. Another single released around the same time as the East Of Eden Jig a Jig single was a song that also got into the British top 10 called TITANIC by a band or group called SULTANA I recall which from memory was a catchy number.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Recgord27 might know these and probs... does.
This is the only 1970 album I have by them... total banger... it's the real dope!
These Brothers hailed from Cape Town.
McCully Workshop - Why Can't It Rain?

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Ha ha yes Jig a Jig that song conjures up memories of my 2nd or 3rd year at secondary school circa 1970/71 anyway I knew that you would know Ian. Another single released around the same time as the East Of Eden Jig a Jig single was a song that also got into the British top 10 called TITANIC by a band or group called SULTANA I recall which from memory was a catchy number.
Hey E-Z, you really makin' me laugh and stroll down teenage avenue!
I do indeed recall Titanic half brit/Norway outfit... with a John Kongas vibe going on.
Sultana was a homage to Santana...

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Here's truly a blast from life's past.. Features Rupert Hine Who worked with Rush, Kevin Ayers, Tina Turner and hundreds of others... Wimbledon band hit the (sweet spot?) only with this tongue twister.
Quantum Jump - The Lone Ranger.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeev512

Staff online

Members online