Why is Stevie Nicks more appreciated than Christine McVie?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Why is Stevie in the Rock Hall for her solo career and Pat Benatar isn’t.Her music blows Stevie’s away

Because the RnR Hall of Sham is just that, a SHAM! It makes no sense for Stevie to be in as a solo artist. Good? Yes? Ground breaking? No. Influential? Maybe, not definitely not more than Pat. Record sales? I'm guessing similar (without looking it up).

I'm not even saying that Pat SHOULD be in (although I'd love to see her get the kudos), but if Stevie is in as a solo artist and Pat isn't, it just goes back to my opening comment, it's because the dickbags that run the hall of sham are just that, dickbags. I could give a long list of reasons and this is just one of those many reasons.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Could it be because Stevie wrote way more of her own stuff? Not every song of course, but most.
Shouldn't that be more relevant in terms of Songwriter HoF?

*shrug*

Honest question. I don't see why that would matter, but maybe it does. Who knows what goes through the tiny pea-brains that run that joint?

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Shouldn't that be more relevant in terms of Songwriter HoF?

*shrug*

Honest question. I don't see why that would matter, but maybe it does. Who knows what goes through the tiny pea-brains that run that joint?

Considering the Rock & Roll HOF keeps putting non-R&R acts in, your "pea brain" comment applies perfectly.

E-Z

Reaction score
Stevie if you want to do an album together call me preferably when Candice has gone to her mother's.

RB

Last edited:

Gold Dust Woman

Reaction score
Here is my two cents on the subject seeing that this band is my favorite band. I love this band as a whole. I will not go see this band on tour if there is no Lindsey, nor will I go now since Christine has passed away. Each of the band members added so much to the band in there own way.

Stevie has that iconic voice that when you hear it you know exactly who it is and it is powerful and kind of mesmerizing. He songwriting was also fantastic as well. Lindsey also added that songwriting and his voice, but it was his guitar playing that really was so amazing. Christine and her mellow voice tone and also her voice blended so well with both Lindsey and Stevie. She also added the piano and keyboard sound that added much depth to each song. Then there were songs like "Oh Daddy" and "Songbird" that she just carried. Mick and John were both the backbones in my opinion of Fleetwood Mac. You didn't hear much from either of them, but they held it all together musically and Mick held it together off stage I believe the best he could as there were a lot of personalities in that band.

I really think what put Stevie out there over Christine however is she was center stage. She wore these outfits that either looked like a gypsy or a witch and she flaunted it. Christine didn't seem like that short of personality. She led in a different way. Christine also had an amazing voice as well and it compared to Stevie's, but it was Stevie who was noticed more because her voice was different and amazing.

That is just my two cents.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freya40

Members online