Top 100 rock songs according to Planet Rock Listeners

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
As Nolo explained Slade are huge in UK and it is a UK based radio station. So together with the fanbase of Slade and playing that song regularly that might explain number 31.

Ah, OK! Slade were huge 40 years ago, I just didn't think they would show up on many people's radar these days any more than T.Rex would, or Roy Wood's Wizard or Mott the Hoople, who were all big bands from that glam-rock era, it just looks a little incongruous having Cum on Feel the Noise alongside Floyd and Zeppelin and Genesis. I have the Slade Alive album somewhere in a box, which is a GREAT live album, track called 'Hear Me Callin' I recall is outstanding. Cheers.

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
If that were my playlist, I'd have given up on rock and roll over 20 years ago. Pallid.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I know you are very old school Oscar so put up 20 of your favorite rock songs just for fun...if you have time.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
It's good to see AC/DC's Let There be Rock in the list, but Back in Black is not better than Jimi's All Along the Watchtower and Voodoo Chile. Nor is anything by Motorhead and G 'n' R. Budgie and Golden Earring are conspicuous by their absence. Oh well, such is life.

Scotty Baboon

Banned
Reaction score
I call crap becuase there are no songs on the list by ZZ Top, Poison, 38 Special or The Band and since a Chuck Berry song made the list, where's Buddy Holly and Little Richard?

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
:bow:

The difference between UK and US lists is that in UK you will always find find you'd never expect to see. Have you thought Stargazer would be that high on the list and Whitesnake or Uriah Heep to ever enter? :D

Yep, a US list would have been much more boring then this one. still a bit predicable for the most part but at least it has a few surprises ..and much heavier over all then a US list would have been.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I call crap becuase there are no songs on the list by ZZ Top, Poison, 38 Special or The Band and since a Chuck Berry song made the list, where's Buddy Holly and Little Richard?

Seems these lists always leave someone out, but I'm not a Huge fan of all three of those artists even though I acknowledge their importance and stature in the early formative years of rock and roll.

Come to think of it...:think:...I don't have a single album by any of them not even a greatest hits compilation.

The most I've ever listened to Chuck Berry's music was when Keith Richards collaborated with him years ago for a One Of concert. It was interesting to see how much of a control freak Chuck was, even though Keith was the driving force behind the whole thing and Keith realized early on there was no talking to Chuck about anything so he just rode it out as best he could.

Scotty Baboon

Banned
Reaction score
All i'm saying is that my list would be totally different. There's songs by more artists/bands that I didn't mention that would make my list that didn't make their's. Maybe we should make this list?
scratchchin.gif

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
^ I started a thread asking everyone to choose one album and another where they chose one band, these gave lists, which are still on this forum somewhere. I haven't looked at them for ages!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcedw

Staff online

Members online