The Rascals (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The Rascals
SF35270_e1a92.jpg

The Rascals are one of those groups whose songs have become eternal jingles in pop history that we all know and hear generation after generation. Even if you've never heard of this group you likely know a good handful of their songs and like them especially "Good Loving" and "A Beautiful Morning". What sets them apart from groups of a similar nature is they are more of a blue eyed soul group and God, do they ooze soul. On tracks like "Heaven" the singer pulls off a vocal that Al Green would approve of! They also have their roots in straight ahead rock like "See"! Here's some notable tracks:

Good Loving & See

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Re: The Rascals

I recognize A Beautiful Morning, never heard of these guys though, and Im sure as you said its the same for others too. Good song, ive never actually heard it all the way through until now. :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Really love 1969's SEE

See

I SEE you posted it already but so good it deserves a double shot!! :heheh:

Nubia

51AYWdyE1JL._SS500_.jpg

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score

"Silly Girl", "Carry Me Back", "Find Somebody", "It's Love", "You Better Run", "Love is a Beautiful Thing"...the hits just kept on coming for these guys. Love the Rascals.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

There are a lot of things to recommend the Rascals for, but one of the most important is that they refused to play on racially segregrated bills back in the day.

I also dig their heavy bottom end rythm, which became a bookmark for most of the late 60's/early 70's bands leading into the birth of Heavy Rock (ie: Mountain, Vanilla Fudge, etc.)

People Got To Be Free is an excellent plea for peace amongst all.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online