So now we have two YES?

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Interesting have seen both in the last few years and Anderson and co this year. Andersons voice is excellent and the vocalist for yes is also great. It will be interesting to say the least.

Marbles

Reaction score
As a Yes fan through the Seventies and Eighties, I lost a lot of my interest after "Talk". I just felt that after being progressive for so long, they then subsequently fell back into a kind of pastiche of the early Seventies material and it didn't appeal to me, particularly. The departure of JA really sealed the deal.

I have some reservations about Yes featuring JA, TR & RW - not least the recent ticket price in the UK and the fairly unimaginative setlist for the tour - but, overall, I think that they carry the spirit of the band forward better than the "official" Yes, who have been treading water for years.

Gold Dust Woman

Reaction score
The Yes that features Jon Anderson who is a founding member is the band that should hold the name. Even the other yes who currently has Steve Howe who was not a founding member, but did contribute quite a bit to the success of the band should change the bands name. I also am not knocking Jon Davison at all who I believe has a great voice, but he is not Jon Anderson.

It is similar to Journey replacing Steve Perry with Arnel Pineda who had an incredible voice, but is not Steve Perry and no one will ever be. You can also say the same thing about Adam Lambert with Queen. His voice is incredible, but he is not Freddy Mercury.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freya40

Members online