Snowy White (Official Thread)

don1960lp

Reaction score
Very tasty guitarist with tones to die for. He and Doyle Bramhall II make a great tandem on the Roger Waters "In the Flesh" concert DVD. Man I would so love to take a spin on his 1957 Goldtop.

9ced315f19188ccd866361ba8fbd97cd.jpg

Schmetterling

Reaction score
I saw a Snowy White gig in a pub in Northumberland back around 1998...it was ok but nothing great.

TACdtf

Reaction score
Re: Snowy White.

Always loved his stuff with Lizzy though most seemed to not like it a lot. He was on two great albums too. Though most seemed not to like them a lot... :heheh:
Not a Floyd follower, so I was never really aware of how embedded he was with them, and Roger Waters later on, but I primarily know of Snowy through Thin Lizzy.

I think the two albums he made with them are excellent, and I actually rate Renegade as my favorite TL album.

Gonna check out that recent album he did that Magic posted.

Here's a year old interview where he talks a little about Thin Lizzy, but there's quite a bit on Pink Floyd. It's Guitar World, so there's gear talk, which always loses me..lol.

E-Z

Reaction score
I must admit the only time that I am interested in the name Snowy White is in regards to his Thin Lizzy connection and his playing on both the Chinatown 1980 & Renegade 1981 albums with Phil, Brian & Scot in 'Lizzy' anyway I did once buy a Snowy White 'blues' compilation album many years ago and after a couple of 'blues' numbers I pressed the STOP button on my cd player cos I couldn't take anymore of it!!. I read years ago that he played in the Pink Floyd 'touring band' as a 2nd guitar to Dave Gilmour but not being a 'Floyd' fan I don't know if he appears on any of Pink Floyd's 'live albums' from the 1980s??.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freya40

Members online