Site slowness

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Spammers…..can be human or bots. Those Chinese posts are probably human. Our program itself has time limits between posts, so those human spammers can’t flood our host server and forum with posts.

Spam bots, however, can try to hit our site with 100’s of “join requests” in a matter of minutes, which just about causes our host server to collapse trying to identify those requests.

It’s complicated and has always been an online problem.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Well something odd is happening, not been able to post, son has refreshed, new tabs, history clean etc... And still I get stuck and frozen in less than a minute. I've just gone on incognito and are able to post, I don't like hiding and always prefer transparency. If anyone can help I'd be grateful. Hope those late "eastern posts" aren't responsible, I got two weird miscalls from China on my cell-my son who works for an American cyber security company traced the number and said "dodgy"... I did post a comment on those late nite floods in mandarin... Has this buggerd up my connections?
I'm on withdrawal treatment since I've been awol.... Uriah Heep and bourbon are helping!
Ianx.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@Nai Noswad
It’s been happening to me, too. It only happens here and not on other websites.

It isn’t your device and I am positive those spam posters can’t get to any of your private information on CRF. That information is encrypted and behind another part of the forum that takes a separate login for administrators. Your information is safe..:)

I have been getting a large amount of junk phone calls at home…..on our cell phone and on my landline. There is always some creep out there trying to scam us via our phones. Makes me mad!

What is happening here on CRF has to do with “robots”, so to speak, sending too many join requests to the forum. Those requests go directly through “Cloudflare” and to the server. The server then spits and sputters like a car in desperate need of a tune up.

The owners have an IT guy who has placed blocks on certain countries. Hopefully, this will solve the problems. These spam bots are a huge problem all over the internet.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freya40

Staff online

Members online