Who do you think is the better singer?

• Joe Cocker

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Tom Jones

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Joe Cocker and Tom Jones are two incredibly different singers. Joe is a gruffy, stocky man who's voice throws common opinion of "beautiful" to the wind in favor of raw expression whereas Tom is a dapper ladies man who has a clear and bellowing baritone voice. Both men are largely interpretive singers (Cocker more so than Jones) and both had their golden days from the late 60's to the mid 70's with splashes of continued popularity over the years but the question is, who do you think is the better singer? Rough or refined? Seasoned hippie or aged ladies man? Cocker or Jones?

kljh_zps1ae21cdc.png

v-fest-2012-tom-jones-590x350.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Tom Jones, I have a greatest hits CD of his and I play it once in a while. My Mom was a huge fan of his and saw him in concert 3 times over the years.

Joe Cocker...I don't have a single album of his but I do respect him.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I never really cared for Joe Cocker (or the Grease Band), probably because his voice is a bit too raw for me. I am not really a Tom Jones fan either, but you never hear him sing out of tune. His 24 Hours and Praise & Blame albums are very good, while his Thunderball theme is a bit underrated in my view.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeev512

Staff online

Members online