Rush (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'm almost tempted to get the new DVD, but I have to listen to Clockwork Angels a couple more times before I decide.

I'm still a bigger fan of the analog vinyl than DVD's or Blu Rays but the technology is improving all the time and gives artists like RUSH the opportunity to make something that captures them at their peak for generations of fans to discover long after they've retired.

I don't agree with what Lifeson said about "albums being finished" and the band releasing batches of songs as they record them instead.:nw:

You are one of the last great old bands that's still active and respected, keep releasing albums if for no other reason that the legions of fans that have supported you since the early 70's deserve to have them.

Go ahead and lob the odd single out on i-tunes if you like, you never were a singles band anyway your strength has been the quality of the complete albums you release.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would like to think Rush would release an album because they wanted to also not just the fans, otherwise it would potentially be mediocre and rushed.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It takes about 2 years for a band to knock out an album Riff, so I would rather wait than see Rush lob a few singles out on i-tunes before bundling them together and releasing a CD.

Unless they did 2 EP's, 40 minutes each and put those out. The more I think about it the more I miss the 1 album per year standard I grew up with. Those were the days.:gg:

Khor1255

Reaction score
I think that had a lot to do with the rich variety they had to draw from and the actual need for touring (which is always good for creative spark). With all those fresh and exciting ideas bouncing around I think it came more easily back then. Art doesn't do well in a vacuum.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I don't know why Lifeson would say a stupid thing like that about not making albums but instead just releasing songs as and when, presumably online? Guess what Alex, if you want to go totally digital you could also stop touring and just do one show a year and feed it into 1,000 movie theatres in HD-3D.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very clever good sir. :heheh:
It takes about 2 years for a band to knock out an album Riff, so I would rather wait than see Rush lob a few singles out on i-tunes before bundling them together and releasing a CD.

Unless they did 2 EP's, 40 minutes each and put those out. The more I think about it the more I miss the 1 album per year standard I grew up with. Those were the days.:gg:

I agree I wouldn't be a fan of them just lobbing out singles as I am an album person especially with Rush. Rush were one of the rare bands who could get away with putting albums out year after year and still were great albums.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I do hope they don't start releasing singles, it does not interest me at all, just stick to releasing albums every few years and that is the end to such talk...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcedw

Members online