Radiohead (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
"Ok Computer" is what a lot of people consider Radiohead's masterpiece so it's a solid place to start with, Riff, but I will always prefer "The Bends".

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would have got the Bends had it been part of the get one free sale I went to. I ended up getting Pablo Honey with Ok Computer.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
I would have got the Bends had it been part of the get one free sale I went to. I ended up getting Pablo Honey with Ok Computer.

OK Computer is wonderful. It takes some getting used to, but the song writing on the album is great. My two fave songs off Pablo Honey are Creep and Blow Out.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I enjoyed Pablo from start to finish, and I can't wait to listen to OK Computer. Just had to fit a heavy album in between listens of these albums.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I know you'll do it anyway but be sure to let us know what you think once you get it in your ear holes. ;)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Enjoyable experience I will say for OK Computer. Songs like Let Down, Airbag were pretty nice, delivered a bit of atmosphere and I was listening to it with full attention. It is definitely something of a different listening experience compared to most music I listen to but it was a risk I was glad I took. No one told me to get into this band I took the punt.
To narrow down 3 favourite songs.
Airbag

Karma Police was another I loved.

Let Down

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Still the best live band out there. saw them for the first time 15 years ago and this was my 13th Radiohead show.
In April at Coachella it was 100 and a big crowd. It was nice to see Radiohead in a small crowd and a mellow one so pretty close and still comfy on the floor.
Don't care what others say the new album live has some great moments and mixed in with older material it works great.

Radiohead Pru Center, Newark NJ 5/31/12
7312587900_cfa25a1a06_z.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the acoustic sound of The Bends. Fake Plastic Trees is a song I really love having just listened to it.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Only days away from seeing them live. As excited as I am for the show I can't help but feel somewhere disappointed because, aside from what I've already said in this thread, I don't think there will be far more emphasis on synthesizers than Jonny Greenwood's guitar playing. He's one of my favorite guitarists of the last 20 years because I love how aggressive and unhinged his playing style is.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcedw

Members online