Oasis media hype?

E-Z

Reaction score
August/September 2024 and in the UK 'massive media hype' currently surrounds the announcement of Oasis reforming to play some gigs during the summer of 2025. All the main media including television, radio and printed media are 'running with the news story' even being the main news item at the 'top of the hour' on BBC radio 4 news!.

I know for a certain group of youngish people who were born during the 1970s and who 'came of age' in the UK during the 1990s it's no doubt a 'big sentimental nostalgic trip' being able to see the band live and hearing all the old Oasis songs again but I'm bored with the hype already and according to what I heard on the radio today Sunday second hand Oasis concert tickets are exchanging hands for currently £6.000 each!!.

The only 'artist' that I would pay £6.000 to go and watch live in concert is the eternal ROCK SUPERSTAR AND GOD one JAMES MARSHALL HENDRIX but I'll have to wait until I'm in the 'next world' for that ultimate ROCK EXPERIENCE!!. ;)

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Hype..... and distraction E-Z are the watch words here. Folk in the UK are being put in jail for saying something about illegal immigrants online-or a retired train driver got sing sing for shouting at the cops!
Like you I'd gladly fork out six g's for Jimi... or to see Brian Jones. But that will be the great gig in the sky.

E-Z

Reaction score
Hype..... and distraction E-Z are the watch words here. Folk in the UK are being put in jail for saying something about illegal immigrants online-or a retired train driver got sing sing for shouting at the cops!
Like you I'd gladly fork out six g's for Jimi... or to see Brian Jones. But that will be the great gig in the sky.
Ian maybe lots of Oasis fans on here cos its quiet?. Almost makes me look forward to checking out of planet earth to be able to watch that gig with Jimi doing his thing once again!!.

With regards to the Oasis gig next year in 2025 I have a feeling that it won't run smoothly between those two guys and may even be a fiasco??

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Cripes, old timer! Just because your favorite thing isn’t someone else’s favorite don’t think the world stops spinning. I mean I sympathize when over inflating some ideas and magnanimous false idols are created; I neither care about Taylor Swift nor am I interested in the NFL but last year both were seemingly always on the front burner of topics.
I’m afraid my days of seeing Oasis live ended the first few times Liam became a spectacle or failed to perform. I’m not worried about how much tickets prices will be because I’m content to just listen to the great music they created and produced on compact disc.

I love their first five albums.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So…….the brothers have made up….and are looking to make some cash via a highly over priced concert.

I guess that could be hype worthy if you’re an Oasis fan. Videos will be all over YouTube for free, though. :heheh:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I never was a fan, and the "Beatle idoling" they did became very tiresome.
Other Manchester bands preferred. Tickets were within financial reach of most... but Ticketmaster (scalper supremes) are now selling at silly prices. We touched on this subject before concerning expensive records but cheap tickets back in the day-this is complete opposite today. What happened to queuing at the venue and only being allowed two per person... max!!
That's why I'm not conned by the fake strivance for equality these days.... Equality is just a re-branded word for greed!
Plus(I've checked) a normally ninety buck hotel room in Dublin..... is 500 bills the night of the concert.
T'ra pal....

E-Z

Reaction score
Well I am guessing that the brothers are running a bit short of money so a reformation of an old band is always a good idea to bring in a few extra quid (money) to keep the bank account topped up!.

I recall when Deep Purple reformed back in 1984 and Ozzy Osbourne was asked what he thought of 'Purple' reforming and his reply was "I guess they were all running out of money so decided to reform" ha ha..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrazynaEjm

Members online