Nazareth (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Nazareth~Who likes them?

Great tune!! In another thread I mentioned No Mean City and got me thinking of this song too. Though 1979's No Mean City was kind of their entry to the NWOBHM sound (where they gained alot of rspect that year for this album by it's fan base)...this is a beautiful ballad from that album.

One of their best ballads IMO.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Great tune!! In another thread I mentioned No Mean City and got me thinking of this song too. Though 1979's No Mean City was kind of their entry to the NWOBHM sound (where they gained alot of rspect that year for this album by it's fan base)...this is a beautiful ballad from that album.

One of their best ballads IMO.

^^^ Star is one of my favorites off "No Mean City".. Was NWOBHM even a genre back then????
Does this song qualify as a NWOBHN????It came out earlier... I'm confused what a NWOBHN.. is.. :)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

NWOBHM (m, not n :tongue:) New Wave of British Heavy Metal

And yes, I would personally put Miss Misery into that type of a category, although I don't think many people would. For me, the sound of Miss Misery is VERY NWOBHM, even though it came out a couple of yrs before most bands got that sort of a label. Great great song!!!!!

Lynch

Reaction score

And I think the label of NWOBHM has been watered down a bit over the years. If memory serves me, it's more of a hard nosed, harder rock, blues-based sound that wasn't coming out of the UK at the time. Think of it this way, Judas Priest is sometimes lumped in with NWOBHM, however they really weren't as much a part of it as they were a MAJOR influence to it. Hard hitting songs like Miss Misery should definitely be considered influencial in that rock 'movement'.

JM2CW

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

NWOBHM (m, not n :tongue:) New Wave of British Heavy Metal

And yes, I would personally put Miss Misery into that type of a category, although I don't think many people would. For me, the sound of Miss Misery is VERY NWOBHM, even though it came out a couple of yrs before most bands got that sort of a label. Great great song!!!!!
:peek NWOBHn... or NWOBHM... I have Fat fingers...:bonk: Thanks Lynch.. Now I got a real clear picture...:grinthumb
But Nazareth is Scotts..So are they Euro kilt metal???

Lynch

Reaction score

:peek NWOBHn... or NWOBHM... I have Fat fingers...:bonk: Thanks Lynch.. Now I got a real clear picture...:grinthumb
But Nazareth is Scotts..So are they Euro kilt metal???
Yeah I know they are from scotland, which is probably part of the reason "experts" in the BHM movement never considered them part of it. Maybe they weren't but I would think that songs like Miss Misery definitely had influence on it.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

The New Wave of British Heavy Metal (frequently abbreviated as NWOBHM) was a heavy metal movement that started in the late 1970s, in Britain as an underground club movement, and achieved international attention by the early 1980s. The era developed as a reaction in part to the decline of early heavy metal bands such as Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath( Nazareth is also part of the ORIGINAL UK wave ) . NWOBHM bands toned down the blues influences of earlier acts, incorporated elements of punk, increased the tempo, and adopted a "tougher" sound, taking a harder approach to its music.It is considered to be a major foundation stone for the extreme metal genres; acts such as the American Thrash Metal band Metallica citing NWOBHM bands like Saxon, Diamond Head, and Iron Maiden as a major influence on their musical style.

Nazareth was a heavy rock / 70's metal ( proto-metal w/e ) band that came from the first wave during the EARLY 70's and was Not a part of the underground musical movement that rose out the the late 70's UK club circuit during the punk era. That is why they are not considered a part of the NWOBHM .

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Can't add much more...back to what I posted...Nazareth was embraced by this movement as if they belonged to them on the album No Mean City...there was that respect there. That's about it. :grinthumb

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

I didn't realize just how many albums that Nazareth has put out! I keep finding something I never heard before..

And this radical cover.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Who is left from the original line-up I wonder?...:hm:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member