My top 35 organ tunes!

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Hepcat wrote:

See Emily Play - Pink Floyd

That's funny I don't really notice the Organ in See Emily Play, but there's a really nice little Organ/Drum solo in Arnold Layne.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Whoops! I got crossed up. "Arnold Layne" is the early Pink Floyd number I should have on my list. It's going to be time to post my revised list pretty soon.

:pumpkin:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I'll mention "Everything Is You" by The Lemon Pipers because it has a Wonderful combination between Harpsichord & Organ which makes it quite interesting to listen to! :D

There's an Organ player in Ten Years After (Chic Churchill I think his name is), anyone know of a really good Organ song from Ten Years After? I only have a Live performance they did a Fillmore East in 1970, but nothing's really standing out from it.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Hepcat wrote:

I should add "Go Now" by the Moody Blues to the list.

:****:

I know I'm asking for trouble by saying this, though "Go Now" by the Moody Blues is Mike Pinder playing Piano - he is certainally wonderful when it came to various Keyboards and he might have played Organ and his own Mellotron in later Moody Blues songs, though "Go Now" is just the good old Piano (or at least that's what it sounds like). Another great tune which has Mike Pinder wizzing around on the Piano is "I Really Haven't Got The Time" - incrediable talent and have taken a liking to a lot of his songs.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Yes, it's a piano! That then is probably why I didn't put "Go Now" in my list when I first compiled it.

:D

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Not sure if you can call this an Organ tune, it sounds like an Organ though perhaps it's of a different breed? Anyway for some reason I found The Tornados version of Exodus quite appealing - unfortunately the YouTube I found for it is quite hard on the ears, so turn it down - it doesn't seem to be as bad as on the CD I have - which is that one on display.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
You're right! I believe that is an organ on the Tornados version of "Exodus". Very cool!

:grinthumb

Last edited:

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
One of my favorites is Neil Young's "Country Girl" from CSN&Y's Deja Vu. The organ comes in on the choruses, starting at 0:40 and just floats over everything like a big ominous cloud. It's not a large part by any means, but it adds a lot to the song.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcedw

Members online