Mindfullness Chill

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Cool stuff! Reminds me of the old school [adult swim] bumps.
Yeah I'm not familiar with those Musical Groups, I noticed a Brian Eno has a song with Kevin Shield called "Only Once Away My Son" in that Adult Swim category. I played it, though it's a little different (similar though) to Ambient Music.

The 1st track by the Barrio Jazz Gang may not be Ambient either though, with Google suggesting it being Jazz. It's a track I've heard regularly and have a feeling it's often played prior to Mindfulness Chill. The station itself has no announcers just a website with the tracks published on it and when the programme commences a person simply announces the names of the programme (usually it's when a new track commences in the new hour), which is how the Barrio Jazz Gang got in there! :bump:

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
@CP/M User Very nice vibe music. I'm curious what kind of sound system your playing this through. This kind of music sounds so good played through a good analog tube amp

and a nice high end sounding speaker set up.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
@Slipn Nothing as special as that, just an Mac, the Music program I noticed has the Equaliser set to Electronic, which seems to play around with the sound regardless of the application I'm running it through.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
@CP/M User I'm playing it through my 5th Gen KRK studio speakers (Digital).. Sounds awesome. I might take some of your songs you posted and record them on Audacity and

burn a CD and play it on my Analog system with my BOSE 901's. It's going to give it that warm feeling and I bet I'll play that when I want to relax.. :cool:

Trax

Reaction score
So far, in my musical journey, I have moved through so many genres of music, and I still enjoy listening to most of them on occasion, whether metal, classic rock, emo, or punk. Now, I find I listen more to chill-hop low-tempo music than anything else. I love everything attached. It just seems to counter-balance all the craziness. :phones:

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
I own quite a few 'ambient' things by Tangerine Dream and Brian Eno and a few other 'electronic' bands/artists.
One of my favorite mellow ones.....

Saiyan Rocker

The Legendary Super Rocker
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not familiar with those Musical Groups, I noticed a Brian Eno has a song with Kevin Shield called "Only Once Away My Son" in that Adult Swim category. I played it, though it's a little different (similar though) to Ambient Music.

The 1st track by the Barrio Jazz Gang may not be Ambient either though, with Google suggesting it being Jazz. It's a track I've heard regularly and have a feeling it's often played prior to Mindfulness Chill. The station itself has no announcers just a website with the tracks published on it and when the programme commences a person simply announces the names of the programme (usually it's when a new track commences in the new hour), which is how the Barrio Jazz Gang got in there! :bump:
What I meant by [adult swim] was there was after hours programming on Cartoon Network called Adult Swim. They featured some funny adult oriented cartoons.

In between commercials and stuff they have "bumps" and often they had some beautiful visuals with some music much like the stuff you posted. One cool thing is there was always their logo in them and you had to find it.

Here's an example...
[Adult Swim] Tokyo Travel Bumps

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
@Saiyan Rocker Thanks for clarifying, it's quite similar, it sounds a bit edgy to me where's Ambient is just loose.

Looking at that Brian Eno album, another place they need Ambient is on hold on the Telephone, though perhaps it's the worst suggestion given the Telephone has the worst speaker.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott4462

Members online

No members online now.