Judas Priest (Official Thread)

mobiusclimber

Reaction score
Hmmm... not much into metal bands so I know little on them,,,,what is their best lp according to fans and critics?
Best Priest album? British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance or Painkiller. Though many fans would likely say Unleashed in the East, which is a live album. Has their best version of "Green Manalishi" on it, for one.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Best Priest album? British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance or Painkiller. Though many fans would likely say Unleashed in the East, which is a live album. Has their best version of "Green Manalishi" on it, for one.
A few members here recommended some lps back in the Spring of this year... I did like Nostradamus and 'Beyond the Realms of Death'..had some proggy vibes.
BTW ,and you prob know this, "Green Manalishi' is a Peter Green track from original Fleetwood Mac back in '69 before Green left the band.

mobiusclimber

Reaction score
Yes, Priest were known for their covers - Green Manalishi, Diamonds and Rust, Better By You Better Than Me... (They also do a killer cover of Paint It Black, for a slightly more recent example). If you are more into classic rock, you might enjoy those covers more than the rest of their material. Or some of their earlier albums. Sad Wings of Destiny and Sin After Sin are both in more of hard rock mode (Sabbath, Deep Purple) than metal with plenty of prog flourishes.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freya40

Members online