joe's 150 Fav Albums From The 60's

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
That's ok...I love 60's music...that's why I post at a ''classic rock'' forum.

Too bad there's not too many 60's music lovers here.

BTW, I wasn't bragging or putting your list down.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Sadly, 60's music is starting to make the shift from "Classic Rock" to "Oldies"...and in a few decades, it will be the new "Classical." :wtf:

Roll over Beethoven, eh?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That's ok...I love 60's music...that's why I post at a ''classic rock'' forum.

Too bad there's not too many 60's music lovers here.

BTW, I wasn't bragging or putting your list down.

No one inferred you were, it was all in good fun as you know very well.

I am much more a 1967 - 1980's fan than an early 60's fan as you already know very well Groovy.(And you are one to talk, why don't you bump the band threads you love so much instead of always whining about the same old thing...?)

DOC, believe it or not in the late 90's and into the 2000's Classical music made a resurgence, of course you have to been involved in the genre to be aware of how much it has benefited from the CD era.

Oh and if all the rock bands Groovy and the other die hards in here love so much last half as long as Beethoven's music then that is a great accomplishment.

I measure greatness in music in "Centuries" more than decades myself, at least when it comes to the lasting impact on our culture.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
No one inferred you were, it was all in good fun as you know very well.

I am much more a 1967 - 1980's fan than an early 60's fan as you already know very well Groovy.(And you are one to talk, why don't you bump the band threads you love so much instead of always whining about the same old thing...?)

What are you talking about?

I never said there were no 60's music lovers here...

Why you getting so defensive?

You're making something out of nothing.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
I think that there are a handful of musicians from the 60's to now that will be in textbooks long after all of us are 6 feet under.

The Beatles, almost certainly will be around for a while. Elvis, Chuck Berry, the Stones, Hendrix, and a variety of blues and folk musicians also have a pretty good chance. Zeppelin might survive if they weren't so deeply panned by critics, who are usually the ones that decide who lasts and who doesn't.

And then there's Bob Dylan. I strongly believe that someday he'll be disregarded by musical scholars, but that his work will be studied alongside poetic greats such as Shakespeare, Whitman, and Rimbaud. Poet laureates and literary scholars all over the world have already come out calling Dylan the defining poet of the second half of the 20th Century.

Those are just my thoughts, though...maybe none of them will last.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Time will tell and we won't be around to see it anyway DOC. Quality lasts and if something resonates beyond it's time then it will become part of our culture and never fade away completely.

hawk11

Reaction score
I think I would have no problem doing a 150-200 list for the 70''s being I have a lot more albums from that era. Though the problem would be ranking them being there's so many great ones. The 80's and up would be a bit tougher.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcedw

Members online