Hammerfall (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Hammerfall

Anders Johansson, a friend of Magnus Rosén, joined as a touring musician. In the beginning of 1999 he was made a permanent member of the band. Anders had previously worked with guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen on Rising Force and on a number of other projects; he is the brother of Jens Johansson from Stratovarius.

LOTFVII-Anders.jpg

After a long series of concerts, the band returned to Sweden in order to spend time with their families and begin writing songs for their next album. HammerFall made arrangements for this album to be recorded by Michael Wagener, who had previously produced bands such as Accept, Alice Cooper and Ozzy Osbourne. The recording took eight weeks, and the album was entitled Renegade.

:oy:

Renegade

Always Will Be

Renegade ~ Live @ Waken

4c03eb6709a04e3dfee62110.L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Cool Magic! yeah you find with some bands they get better with time. Hammerfall (IMO) is one of those bands. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

HammerFall then proceeded to record their fourth album — Crimson Thunder.

By the end of the recording sessions in 2002, a listening session for the press was held. Overall, the reactions were quite positive, and most seemed to perceive the album as a change for the better from Renegade. A single for the song "Hearts on Fire" was released six weeks prior to the album's launch and remained for weeks on the number one spot on the parades of some European countries. The song also attracted a number of new fans to the band due to its chorus-driven melody and simple riffs coupled with fast guitar solos.

Hearts On Fire

Dreams Come True

Lore Of The Arcane

hammerfall_1.jpg

7fbeeb6709a09f266e752110.L.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

After two years of hiatus the band released Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken, which was followed by a European and South American tour. A video for the song "Bloodbound" was made by director Roger Johansson.

c009228348a05a667e752110.L.jpg

Hammerfall.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice thread MP.:clap:

I have liked them since I found them by accident over two years ago.

I'll have to look in the library to see which albums I have.:think:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Their 6th album, titled Threshold, was released on October 20, 2006 and it went directly to a number 1 position on the Swedish charts.

On March 6, 2007, a statement was posted online at HammerFall's official website (and his own official website), that bassist Magnus Rosén would not be involved with the band anymore.

1179-fullsize.jpg

On April 10 it was announced on the official Hammerfall homepage that the replacement for Magnus is former member Fredrik Larsson, who played bass on the Glory to the Brave album.

hammerfall2009j.jpg

Three new songs were recorded for the band's first compilation album. These are "Last Man Standing", "Restless Soul", and "The Abyss".

616BeaPVFBL._SS400_.jpg

7bfbeb6709a042188e752110.L.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Not only really good music but keeping the tradition of having Great cover art as well. I could do a whole room with covers from all the metal bands I like.:tup:

I have 10 of their albums MP, so I guess I'm a Big fan myself.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freya40

Members online