Hammerfall (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
HAMMERFALL%20Logo.gif

is a heavy metal/power metal band from Gothenburg, Sweden. The band was formed in 1993 by ex-Ceremonial Oath's guitarist Oscar Dronjak.

Hammerfall.jpg

Official Website

1997: Glory to the Brave
1998: Legacy of Kings
2000: Renegade
2002: Crimson Thunder
2005: Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken
2006: Threshold
2009: No Sacrifice, No Victory
2011: Infected
2014: (R)Evolution
2016: Built To Last

In early 1997, German label Nuclear Blast approached HammerFall with a contract for a European release deal, which included four albums. The deal was accepted and the band proceeded to record their first two music videos — "HammerFall" and "Glory to the Brave". After the release of a promotional single, Glory to the Brave was released throughout Europe. The results were quite unexpected, even after the intense marketing campaign made by Nuclear Blast. The album reached position number 38 on the German Music Chart on the week of its release, something which had never before been achieved by a debut heavy metal music album.

In February 1998, the recording of Legacy of Kings began. This album was once more written by Joacim, Oscar, and Jesper, who despite having quit the band still took part in the process in order to keep the same general mood of their first release. The album was produced by Fredrik Nordström (from Dream Evil) and Oscar, with the help of Joacim. The band spent a total of one and a half months in the studio recording this album.

hammerfall_inti2005_band1.jpg

70a0eb6709a07e67ddc62110.L.jpg

a8b7228348a0e150bee62110.L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Re: Hammerfall

I've only heard a handful of songs by these guys, but have liked most of what i've heard. Glory To the Brave is definitely the best song I've heard from them (to this point). This is the first time I've seen the video for it.

:tup:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I really like Hammerfall. I have Glory to the Brave....:grinthumb

How is the 2009 release, No Sacrifice, No Victory?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Hammerfall is a band that get's better with each release...I recommend the new one Magic!!! Crimson Thunder is good and Renegade is one that I play the most...that may be my favorite.

On the new one they do a cover of The Knack

Last edited by a moderator:

KISSFREAK

Reaction score

I am going to go see HAMMERFALL next month when the appear here in Cleveland Ohio at PEABODY's

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freya40

Members online