Disco!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Seriously EB?

There are 1,000's of albums ahead of KC and the Sunshine band on my list. Just get a disco compilation CD with Boogie Shoes.

Here's one of my favorites, and yeah I have a copy of Bony M's hits in my library, mostly just for this song.:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I like disco and have quite a few cuts...I still have this and I'm not ashamed to admit it. :grinthumb

The orchestration on this album is awesome...in fact all disco used alot of real strings and brass.

51ZS99VOyKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

5122w80rWdL._AA300_.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
For all the abuse Disco takes from music fans, it does remind us all about one important fact, music can be pure unadulterated fun, with no aspirations beyond just that. If I want cerebral stimulation I'll play a Shostakovich Symphony, if I want some intense music I'll play some Hard Rock/Metal, and when I want to "Flashback" to the days of my youth and have a good laugh, I'll pop in some of my old Disco albums...makes me smile everytime I play them.:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing makes me laugh and bop more than this song. Bootsy Collins is such an "over the top" performer, and a definite classic. The whole group Parliament is well worth checking out...such classic performers as George Clinton, Bernie Worrell, and Eddie Hazel.

The quality of this old video is pretty poor, but this is a funny song, too

Dr. Funkenstein:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Casablanca Records were the disco kings!! Great Parliment stuff!

Don't forget when these hard rockers took a stab at it.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Not many people may remember this and i don't believe this was ever posted here on this forum. Here is the 12' disco Mix of I Was Made for Loving You.

The disco mixes were more fun sometimes and of course were used in the dance clubs.

Reaction score
^^Seriously EB?

There are 1,000's of albums ahead of KC and the Sunshine band on my list. Just get a disco compilation CD with Boogie Shoes.

Here's one of my favorites, and yeah I have a copy of Bony M's hits in my library, mostly just for this song.:grinthumb

I really like their sound... the simplicity of all the songs... it's like the Ramones, but they swing, and have a wah wah pedal, and just aren't quite as cool:heheh:
they are simple and catchy though, what others would be recommended ahead of them?

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Even the Eagles took a stab at disco, they took on a Bee Gee's sound:

Rod Stewart, another classic rocker who dabbled in Disco:

And of course Bowie:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads