Concert Dress Code Rule

Saiyan Rocker

The Legendary Super Rocker
Reaction score
Well I never heard this rule, and it is funny I also never followed it either.

I usually dressed based on vibe of the artist, time of season/location. I kinda want stand out a bit, from the rest of general audience, I also wouldn't wear another band shirt either. For me that is kinda like advertising a competitor.

Like when I saw Sting, I wore a yellow dress shirt. Now the funny thing was, he preformed in a yellow dress shirt. I will probably never be able to do that again, if I tried.

When I saw Fall Out Boy/Jimmy Eat World, I wore a One Tree Hill shirt, of the nightclub Tric. These bands both preformed there in the show. I also wore this shirt to Gavin DeGraw. He did the theme song for the show. Now I was very closed to the stage so he saw the shirt, and smiled. So that was cool.

I wore a Callisto (from Xena) shirt when I saw Seether. I figured she was pretty freaking metal.

Wore Darth Vader behind some sheet music to Elton John. I figured them both being from the 70's, it fit.

Now I did wear a Rolling Stones face mask and necklace when I saw the Stones. I had a Space Ghost shirt, but I did have Stones accessories.

I buy shirts from the stands but I don't wear them there, I like to usually wear it the very next day. And then never again. I want to keep them in pristine condition if I can.

If I do wear band shirts I get at places like Walmart, where it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Catfish

Reaction score
I used to wear a light blue ZOSO T shirt to all concerts just for good luck and any homage to Zep at any concert is bad ass at the onset.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Never heard of that 'rule' and it would be interesting to meet the dweeb who started it. ;)
I have never bought any t shirts or merch at any concert ever.
The only band t shirts I have are several Beatles t's that I bought from a music/record shop many years ago.
I dont even have any prog rock ones and I'm a big prog fan....I always wanted to get the first lp 'face' t shirt from King Crimson but never did. At my age I think if I wore it in public I might scare little kids.
:gig

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcedw

Members online