Children of Bodom Live at the Big Top Luna Park 12/11/2011

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is a quick review on the concert I attended last night. They had Voyager a good Australia Prog Metal band as the support act, they were pretty damn good. But on to the main act. Here firstly is the set they played.

SET LIST
Relentless Reckless Forever
Are You Dead Yet?
Not My Funeral
Kissing The Shadows
Living Dead Beat
Roundtrip to Hell and Back
Children Of Bodom / Deadnight Warrior
Hate Me!
Shovel Knockout
Bodom After Midnight
Bodom Beach Terror
In Your Face
Angels Don't Kill
Downfall

Encores
Blooddrunk
Hate Crew Deathroll

Children of Bodom played a great set, I was most happy at them playing Hate Me, Shovel Knockout, Bodom After Midnight but overall the songs were great.

Crowd atmosphere was great, I decided to stop being a wuss and get up in front of the amps, got to see how much Alexi can shred on a damn guitar. He engaged the fans, got them involved with chanting to songs which I love bands doing, I also love bands addressing the fans. Good to see that.

Was good they did play a song off Blooddrunk, the titled song Blooddrunk which I love on the cd.

Crowd numbers was good considering it was in a decent sized hall room. They were shouting for Bodom encores after Downfall, of which they delivered 2 amazing encores, Hate Crew Deathroll was the album I lacked in my collection until that day. Photos if uploaded I will provide :)

Overall great concert, the band were awesome, the set was a good choice of songs. I had a great time. CoB do come back to Australia again.

Last edited:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Nice review Riff :) I've been to the Luna Park venue a couple of times - nice situation down by the harbour.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Nice review Riff. Good to see that they did both Hate Me! and Living Dead Beat. I have one of their DVD's and both of those songs seem like they would sound incredible at a live show. Glad you had a good time.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Meeting them was cool, they seemed reserved and quiet but I guess considering the jetlag lol
They were cool though I said hello to them, thanks when they signed 2 fliers which I will get framed. Welcomed them to Australia.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Someone else posted some footage, awesome.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^Very well done video review Riff :) I don't want this to sound weird, but your voice makes it really relaxing to watch.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol several people have said that. Not weird. Just glad people can tolerate it lol I sure as hell can't listen to myself.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeev512

Staff online

Members online