best punk rock song ever

mobiusclimber

Reaction score
Great song @Nai Noswad haven't heard them before!

Here's a more recent punk song, tho not terribly recent:

Anti-Product - "It Festers in the Hearts"

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Maybe spoken about this before?... Putting Punk... and it's softer sister New Wave into context of my growing up. Yes I was fully aware and enjoying rock and all the bands of the early and mid 70's....but around 1976 I started to feel a pull- and a reaction to what was happening personally and out there in the world forum.... millions of kids like us were sick of our Parents old chestnuts - "make do and mend", "waste not want not", "do what they do in Russia.... go without!"
All these dismissive clipped phrases putting a bandaid over a social compound fracture, I'm thinking "my town is crap, school is underfunded, shortages all over the section and hospital waiting lists were in their miles... Yet we were at war in Northern Ireland, and poked our noses in African squabbles and funded ailing economies elsewhere. Music in the form of rebellion and authority questioning was the medicine of many. Disco, funk, and hip- hop we're all key cogs in the machinery of music in my younger times, but the punk movement resonated the most, I feel sorry for the youth of today as destruction seems more of a watch word... yet hope as a device or word appears to be vanishing.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freya40

Staff online