Driver (punchy American band)
Gasworks (became Contempt)
Jerusalem (heavy)
Neutrons (offshoot from Man)
Nutz (punchy British band)
The 'O' Band (from the Channel Islands)
Sassafras (another great Welsh band)
Stryder (inspired by Deep Purple)
Strife (released an album called Rush, which caused confusion)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
The one band that comes to mind after only two albums, but being a Jimmy Paige backed band was Detective..

Tell me you don't hear the Led Zeppelin influence.. Swan Song was their record label.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
There was also Silverhead with Michael De Barres, who went on to Hollywood films. Detective have become a cult band, but Silverhead seemed all hype and nothing else. I don't know if I would feel differently if I heard them now.

Druid (Yes sound-a-likes, but good)
Foghat (Savoy Brown offshoot, who never made it in their home country)
George Hatcher Band (weak albums, but incredible live)
Fruupp (Irish progressive band who were great live)
Stray (riff-based and heavy)
Wigwam (great progressive rock band from Finland who signed to Virgin in the seventies)
Steve Gibbons Band (influential and toured with The Who, but received little credit)
The Graeme Edge Band (Moodys drummer with Gurvitz brothers)
Blackfoot Sue (regarded wrongly as one-hit wonders, but a capable rock band)
Roger Powell (member of Utopia but innovative in his own right)

Last edited:

dynamic73

King Of Pain
Reaction score
I think Leon Russell is pretty much forgotten by a lot of people. When I mention Leon Russell to people 15 to 20 years younger than me.They don't even know who I'm talking about. I always thought Leon Russell was a pretty big act. I don't know what you guys think. I just never hear him on any classic rock stations now a days. Or hear anybody playing his music.

He was really great with Joe Cocker on the Mad Dogs and Englishmen album. And his Carney album was on the top of the charts for quite a while. Oh yea, his 1st band included J J Cale. One of my all time favorite musicians. I think J J Cale is probably forgotten by a lot of people also.

Last edited:

Mal815

Reaction score
Trapeze,ELP,ELO.LOL. TULL, YES, GRAND FUNK RAILROAD, RUSH, BANG, JAMES GANG, HUMBLE PIE , BOSTON , MONTROSE , BTO , LOT'S MORE THE CARRS , BUCKINGHAM NICKS, TRIUMVIRAT, THIN LIZZY , FOGHAT, JOHNNY AN EDGAR WINTER , RICK DERRINGER , LMAO OMG SOME WERE NOT FORGOT LIKE THE BIG BANDS STONES, THE WHO , FLOYD . ALLMAN BRO'S . SKYNYRD , U2 , AEROSMITH , ALICE COOPER , LED ZEP , LOL OK A FEW THAT MAY HAVE BEEN WAS BLACK OAK ARKANSAS , AN BLACKFOOT, MANFREDMAN, JOE WALSH AN BARNSTORM , TODD RUNDGREN, JEFFERSON AIRPLANE AN STARSHIP, GARY WRIGHT , 3 DOG NIGHT , an YOU KNOW I'N BLOODY WELL RIGHT SUPER TRAMP , LOL I GOT MORE BUT LET U AD TO IT PULL OUT MY CONCERT STUB ALBUM OH DID I LEAVE OFF NAZZARETH AN DEEP PURPLE AN BLACK SABBATH AN THE GUESS WHO AN BAD FINGER AN COMPANY LOL KANSAS FLEETWOOD MAC , TED NUGENT IRON MADIEN . DEF LEPARD , THE GRATEFUL DEAD
HEART , EAGLES , HAD TO SAY SOME THAT NEVER WILL BE FORGOT CSNY AN CSN WITH NO YOUNG , NIGHT RANGER , SO GONNA LET ALL GO ON the last letter ZEBRA , AN ZZ TOP. WILL POST MORE LOL TY GOOOOOOOOOD NIGHT OR DAY TY ANYWAY

aerozep3207

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider Grand Funk Railroad a forgotten band,I saw them live in '97 at the Beacon Theater in New York City and I saw Mark Farner just last year in Atlantic City,New Jersey.
A real forgotten band from the 70s is Ramatam who had a girl lead guitarist by the name of April Lawton and a drummer named Mitch Mitchell.

keep those model subway trains running - watch the closing doors :woot:

londonstevie

Banned
Reaction score
Hi !

Based on my personal swiss musical knife, I would list those nice bands :

- Abba (not that forgotten though !)
- Supertramp,
- Genesis,
- America,

Have a nice listening !

See you