Aerosmith (Official Thread)

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Just playing some Aerosmith tunes like Bitch's Brew, Mama Kin. And these two grooving tunes:

Draw The Line and Jailbait

:grinthumb

Recky

Reaction score
I was just watching the Sam Dunn series Metal Evolution...and got a shock when I saw Tom Hamilton ...bloody hell...he got old QUICK...then I suppose, he would be past the other side of 60...but still, a bit of a stunning

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was just watching the Sam Dunn series Metal Evolution...and got a shock when I saw Tom Hamilton ...bloody hell...he got old QUICK...then I suppose, he would be past the other side of 60...but still, a bit of a stunning

Tom has had some major health issues. He has been battling cancer on and off since 2006 I believe.

Off their newest album, "Music From Another Dimension!", written by Tom Hamilton and lead vocals by Tom *Actually Tom wrote 5 songs on the new album*. His voice sounds pretty good for a man who's battled throat cancer:

Up On The Mountain

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Up On The Mountain was awesome. Need to listen to that album again actually.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
^^^

I love that movie!!

Those PJ's do look like something Steven would wear :heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yer Welcome, Recky. I try to follow what happens with any of the band members :tup:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Steven Tyler Says Mick Jagger Comparisons Hurt

Tyler-Jagger.jpg

SOURCE LINK

After 40 years with Aerosmith, Steven Tyler takes the long view on the group’s well-documented ups and downs. He’s comfortable with what the band have achieved in their career together. But that doesn’t mean the unfavorable comparisons to Mick Jagger from early in his career don’t still sting.

“The ‘cheap imitation of the Rolling Stones‘ criticism was constant,” Tyler tells Rolling Stone. “And it hurt for the first couple of years. It was constantly Mick Jagger this and Mick Jagger that — that I copied him, and Janis Joplin too. Mick was the cheapest, easiest shot.”

It took some time, but Aerosmith eventually proved the critics wrong. The band will receive the ASCAP Founders Award next week in Los Angeles, just after their induction into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. After years of personal and professional upheaval, Tyler says it’s about time his band finally received some credit.

“We’ve been strung out and sober,” he muses. “We’ve sold in, and we’ve sold out. Some days we didn’t even sell at all. What matters is we’re still together as a band.”

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
At the end of the day.........it's all good! Both are legendary with a legacy that will be hard for any band to beat.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freya40

Members online

No members online now.