Trying To Figure Out A Good Cheap Echo Pedal For My Son

mobiusclimber

Reaction score
He's been using a Coolmusic Ecolation pedal, but he's had two of them and both had issues. Of course, they're cheap pedals, but they do sound pretty good for the price. I'm thinking about a TC Electronic Flashback 2, if I can get one cheap enough, but they can be too rich for my blood. Also looking at the NUX Analog Delay, which is more in the right price range. Can get a used one for around $40. But it doesn't have all the features of the Ecolation so I'm not sure he'd like it as much. Anyone have any suggestions?

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
DD3T, are of reasonable price, a boonar gives great results, local guitar shop is the best go-to place... RC flashbacks are also affordable, I stopped buying used gear because the soldering iron was on overtime... If your lad is a 70s officinado, Gilmour used to sponsor a decent unit.. maybe 60 bucks?
I should play more, but my hands are goosed, a cry - baby and plenty of hall reverb on my Carlsboro covers up my lefty nonsense (and in playing!!)

mobiusclimber

Reaction score
I think those are all too expensive, except the Gilmour unit at $60; what's that called? I did a quick search but couldn't find it. I'm looking into a TC Flashback, but trying for something under $100 and those can go for a bit more than that. (Boss DD3T is around $150 and a Boonar... $300+ ouch!) Thanks for the info!

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I think it was a cornish reproduction.... probably for him it was on a board.
Those muff ones can be got cheap, sometimes a guitar tech is selling up and he's got a fuzz or tube driver all on a panel of various pedals that he himself has rigged up?
Budget is the key, as often kids grow tired and move on and a garage is left full of gear.
(Still got 2 full drum kits here)
I'll do some sussing out later.... Just enjoying England thrashing Ireland in the soccer!

mobiusclimber

Reaction score
I'm not worried about him growing tired of it, just don't have the money for all the expensive gear. He can buy that himself when he's older. LOL I already got him a $4000 cello, a guitar, an amp and a bass. And a stack of effects pedals that FL Studio nearly makes unnecessary. LOL He's got a nice Proco Rat 2 for all the distortion/fuzz needs, a Cry Baby Wah, and some off-brand Reverb, Tremolo and Echo/Delay. Just want to replace the Echo/Delay with a decent one. And looking at getting a Boss Blues Driver when I can find one for around $50. He likes old and analog which is why he likes the Echo he has since it has settings for analog and tape delay (of course they're digital reproductions of the sound, otherwise it would be hundreds of dollars). But that's why I was looking at the TC Flashback since it does all that. If I can get that one for under a hundred I'll be happy but I doubt it's gonna shake out that way.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
The electro harmonix one looks okay, not used it... Slap back was one my son used, just looked and they are reasonable.
(My kids didn't want me muscleing in.... but were OK with me paying)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrazynaEjm

Members online