Råg I Ryggen ~ Råg I Ryggen (1975)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
1727038929538.jpeg

Råg I Ryggen (translates to: Rye in the Back)
Sweden Heavy Prog / Hard Rock
Rondo Records.

This one is for you, @dr wu !

The music is heavy, very heavy without being too metal, trippy at times, and sprinkled with bits of a bluesy feel……so break out the lava lamp & flashing lights…...and keep your pocket translator handy because most of the lyrics are in Swedish.

IMO the Swedish lyrics add a mesmerizing ambience to the music. The haunting keyboards are breathtaking.

Det Kan Väl Inte Vara Farligt (translates to: Surely it Can’t Be Dangerous)

Queen of Darkness (in English)

Full Album

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I know, right?!!!

Wonder where this album stands with being some of the first heavy prog / prog metal?

Fabulous album!
I've got a good few Danish and Norwegian /Swedish albums from these times and they really stand-up in today's arena.
Hopefully a place like this can chronicle music and be viewed as a library in the future.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Never heard of the band or lp before. No one on Prog Archives mentioned it in any thread I know of though I might have just missed it.
It received a 3.58 rating which is good. The reviewers who reviewed it compared it to Uriah Heep and Deep purple which I tend to agree with . I have never been a big fan of non English vocals ( I like most prog lyrics), but I have many Italian and other non English prog in my collection since the music often is excellent. BTW...I understand some of the lyrics are in English.
They only did the one lp sadly and broke up in 1976 apparently.
Always a treat to discover new prog bands. :grinthumb

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
I've got a good few Danish and Norwegian /Swedish albums from these times and they really stand-up in today's arena.
Hopefully a place like this can chronicle music and be viewed as a library in the future.
I'm a fan of Anekdoten, Anglagard, Flower kings, and Beardfish.....also big fan of Wobbler who are Norwegian.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Anekdoten, Anglagard, Flower kings, and Beardfish.....also big fan of Wobbler who are Norwegian.
I am familiar with Flower Kings, Beardfish, Wobbler but not the other 2. Going to look them up.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasmin_44

Staff online

Members online